FME WORKSHOPS IN CHICAGO
FME users will be meeting in Chicago for the FME World Tour on April 9, 2018. Consortech will also be hosting two workshops on April 10th to introduce powerful data integration and automation tools to GIS professionals.
Date: April 10, 2018
City: Chicago, Illinois
Location: Hyatt Regency Chicago
(151 East Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL, 60601)
NEW TO FME
Don’t know FME and want to boost your productivity in data transformation and integration?
For non-FME users, this workshop introduces ETL concepts using FME. See how you can save time, budget, and resources by moving data automatically with ETL technology through hands-on exercises.
- Introduce participants to basic ETL concepts and the value of workflow automation.
- How GIS professionals are leveraging ETL technology in their daily tasks.
- The importance of data validation and integration.
Agenda - INTRODUCTION TO FME
April 10th, 2018
8:00: Welcome and setup (A continental breakfast will be served.)
8:30: Introduction to FME and Data Conversion
- Introduction to interoperability
- Introduction to the components of FME Desktop (Workbench, Universal Viewer, Data Inspector, Quick Translator)
- Setting up a conversion
9:00: Data Transformation
- Schema concepts and schema mapping
- Using Transformers to manipulate data
- Coordinate system transformation
- Data inspection with FME Workbench
10:15: The Importance of Data Validation and Integration
- Techniques to validate data in an Efficient and Automated Way.
- Data compliancy and data integration processes
11h15: Best practices in Developing your Workspace
WORKING WITH FME
Want to be more efficient by offloading your FME tasks to FME Server?
This workshop will help current FME users to bring their workspaces to the next level by uncovering the key components of FME Server required to build a truly automated workflow.
- Demonstrate how to publish an FME Workspace to FME Server.
- Explore the different modules of FME Server
- Help improve the automation of workspaces by using FME Server components including:
- Job scheduling and notifications
- Automatic job triggering through directory watching
- FME Server services (Data Download, Job Submitter, Notification Service)
Agenda - LEVERAGING FME SERVER
April 10th, 2018
1:00pm: Welcome and setup
1:30pm: Introduction to FME Server
- What FME Server does?
- Explore the FME Server interface
- Publishing FME Workspaces to FME Server
2:00pm: Creating FME Server processes and services
- Scheduling and managing tasks
- Implementing on-demand tasks
3:15pm: Creating FME Server processes and services (Part 2)
- Automating using the notification service
We will provide all attendees a free FME license to use for the workshop which will be valid for 30 days. Just bring your laptop!
Don’t miss this opportunity to explore FME tools!