The free virtual event for
the global community of FME users
Safe Software was hosting their major virtual event from May 4 to 14, 2021 for all FME users on the planet! Tips, tricks, latest updates, innovative use cases, interactive activities and networking was in the spotlight.
While Safe was hosting their event from May 4 to 6, 2021, partners then hosted their own sessions. Consortech was part of the party and was presenting various sessions in addition to the big reveal of the winners of the Consortech Awards of FME Excellence.
FME Governance: How to Structure the use and Growth of FME
FME is a versatile technology that often grows organically in an organization, one data process at a time. It often starts in the GIS department with a few desktop licenses, solving problems, automating data processes, etc. Over time, FME Server gets added to leverage greater automation capacity, and these data processes become critical to operations in the organization often integrating data across departments and applications.
At this point, you need to start asking some questions:
- How to design a light, flexible and future proof architecture?
- How to plan migrations and production deployment?
- How to size FME Server and provision processing capacity.
- How to configure the application to meet business needs, IT standards and security requirements?
Governance and implementation practices should provide methodologies for leveraging FME tuned to an organization business and technical needs and requirements, not become a bottleneck in the process. In this presentation we will share some of the important questions and considerations when provisioning for FME Server based on different scenarios we have encountered over the years in a variety of contexts and use-cases.
Concepts in governing and implementing FME Server as an enterprise solution (in collaboration with Safe Software
FME is a versatile technology that often grows organically in an organization, one data process at a time. It often starts in the GIS department with a few desktop licenses, solving problems, automating data processes, etc. Over time, FME Server gets added to leverage greater automation capacity.
Governance and implementation practices should provide methodologies for leveraging FME tuned to an organization’s business and technical needs. In collaboration with Brian Pont and Holly Coxon from Safe Software we will present important questions and considerations in the implementation and management of FME Server. We will give an overview of:
- Strategies for technical implementation of FME server (sizing, security, configuration, migration)
- Ideas for best practices of using FME across an organization
- A look at what Safe has been developing in terms of tools that can help in managing your FME technology
- Reflections on the conversations about Enterprise FME management we have had with Safe over the past couple of years
- We will look at different use cases we have encountered over 12 years of implementing FME Server.
Consortech Awards of FME Excellence: Presentation of Winning Projects
This was the moment when we unveiled the winners of the Consortech Awards of FME Excellence in the following three categories:
- Best Small Efficiency-Boosting Project
- Best Automation Project
- Best Outside the box Project
Each winning organization had the opportunity to present their ingenious project carried out with FME.
This is the opportunity for you to discover other creative and inspiring uses by the FME user community!