- Hoping to use your analytical talents and experience to help GIS departments shine by improving their geospatial performance?
- Looking for the opportunity to bump you GIS career up a notch by sharing your ideas and strategies?
- Want to take the helm on various projects utilizing the power of FME and ArcGIS platforms?
- Do you like being a part of a highly flexible work environment?
If you answered yes to these questions, you’ve already breezed through the first step in the hiring process.
Welcome to Consortech!
By joining our team of GIS consultants, you will have the opportunity to guide your clients down to road to higher geospatial performance. More specifically, you will:
- Assist your clients in identifying and defining their business and technical needs.
- Analyze processes, spatial data flows as well as IT systems and environments with the goal of finding room for improvement.
- Offer helpful solutions that aim to make quick performance gains in line with your clients’ priorities.
- Fully take charge of your clients’ needs by making sure the roadmap you established together is properly followed.
- Design the architecture and development of FME and FME Server-based solutions to integrate, automate and process geospatial data.
- Manage various projects and follow up on the quality of deliverables, respect deadlines and ensure the attainment of business goals.
What we’re looking for:
- An attitude, expertise, and soft skills; meaning:
- A knack for asking questions, actively listening to the answers, and then analyzing them in a smart and nuanced way
- The ability to bring a strategic mindset to organizational and technical challenges
- A strong motivation to get out of your comfort zone and take on new challenges
- A curious mind that can’t get enough of learning new things
- A prominent level of ease when interacting with clients
- The ability to fluently communicate in English and French
- A university degree in geomatics, geography, or another relevant fields
- A minimum of 5 years experience in geomatics, particularly in consultancy and business analysis
- A solid mastery of FME
- A comprehension of the diversity of architectural options required for the implementation of local and cloud enterprise solutions.
What can give you an extra leg up:
- Very expansive knowledge of the ArcGIS platform
- Experience in using FME Server
What to expect you join the Consortech team:
- A healthy work environment: Everyone brings their own flavour to the table, but we all share the same core values.
- Continuous learning: Don’t know everything? We give you access to training.
- All types of leave: Vacation, floating holidays, additional holidays and sick leave.
- Comprehensive group insurance plan: Dental, massages, meds, long and short leaves of absence… you’re totally covered!
- A deferred profit-sharing pension plan (in other words, an RRSP with employer contributions!).
- Work-life balance: Flexible hours, and the possibility to work from wherever you like. Want to stay at home? Great. Want to come in? Suit yourself! A little bit of both? Absolutely.
- Healthy mind in a healthy body: We want you to take care of yourself!
- Annual company volunteer day: It feels good to take care of others—plus you’re paid!
- A spanking new office: Here’s what you’ll find every time you come in: natural light, collaborative spaces, foosball, music and more, in a convenient location less than a five minute walk from Quartier Dix30 and from an upcoming REM station.