- Are you passionate about finding new, more efficient ways to mine geospatial data to its full potential?
- Are you comfortable asking questions, actively listening to the answers, and then analyzing them in a smart and nuanced way?
- Are you in a constant hurry to see the next wave of technology advancements?
- Do you enjoy stepping out of your comfort zone?
- Does routine bore you out of your mind?
If you answered yes to these questions, you’ve already breezed through the first step in the hiring process. Welcome to Consortech!
By joining our team of GIS experts, you will act as a consultant and propose, create and develop powerful Esri- and FME-based geospatial solutions. More specifically, you will:
- Understand your clients’ technical and business needs, study their spatial data flow and processes, and identify opportunities for improvement and automation;
- Contribute to the design, architecture and development of FME- and FME Server-based solutions to integrate, automate and process geospatial data;
- Build gateways to connect Esri platforms, enterprise systems and third-party applications;
- Give training sessions on FME and FME Server;
- Support and coach clients once the solution has been implemented;
- Draft a variety of technical documents such as service offers, analysis reports and blog posts.
What we’re looking for:
- A university degree in geomatics, geography or another relevant field
- At least 5 years of experience in geomatics, and 2 in business analysis
- Excellent command of Esri ArcGIS (Desktop and Enterprise)
- A curious mind that will easily pick up new technology
- Analytical skills
- A level head in stressful situations
- A strong sense of client focus
- Solid communication skills in French and English
What can give you an extra leg up:
- Familiarity with FME
- Knowledge of programming and databases
- Training experience
What to expect when you join the Consortech family:
- A healthy work environment: Everyone brings their own flavour to the table, but we all share the same core values.
- Continuous learning: Don’t know everything? We give you access to training.
- All types of leave: Vacation, floating holidays, additional holidays and sick leave.
- Comprehensive group insurance plan: Dental, massages, meds, long and short leaves of absence… you’re totally covered!
- A deferred profit-sharing pension plan (in other words, an RRSP with employer contributions!).
- Work-life balance: Flexible hours, and the possibility to work from wherever you like. Want to stay at home? Great. Want to come in? Suit yourself! A little bit of both? Absolutely.
- Healthy mind in a healthy body: We want you to take care of yourself!
- Annual company volunteer day: It feels good to take care of others—especially when you get paid!
- A spanking new office. Here’s what you’ll find every time you come in: natural light, collaborative spaces, foosball, music and more, in a convenient location less than a five minute walk from Quartier Dix30 and from an upcoming REM station.