Making the Most of APIs with
FME: A Backdoor to Your Data
Application programming interfaces (APIs) allow applications to talk to one other and transmit data back and forth for a variety of purposes. For example, Google Maps, ArcGIS Server, FME Server and StatsCan all have APIs that enable users to extract data and send instructions via a structured command that spares the user from having to browse through the application in order to get the information they need.
This course will show you how FME connects to external applications using their API in order to read, process, transform and convert data from their systems.
At the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Work with an API in FME
- Use an API to explore its data in an FME workspace
The FME Desktop – Basic course, or basic knowledge of FME
Module 1: Authentication and calls
- Authentication methods in an API
- Making simple REST calls in different APIs
- Transformers: HTTPCaller, JSONFragmenter, XMLFragmenter, etc.
Module 2: Interpreting and processing responses
- JSON language (nested structured data)
- Navigating API documentation
- Integrating API responses into FME processes
Two 2-hour sessions
Eastern Standard Time (EST)
Next session : Fall 2021
June 1st and 3rd, 2021 from 1:00PM to 3:00PM
$395 per participant
SAVE YOUR PLACE
Pre-registration for the fall 2021 session. We will contact you as soon as the dates of the next training sessions are confirmed.